Greeting from Parametric Solutions….
Career Guidance by Parametric Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Top 7 Career Options for Civil Engineering Students
If you are a civil engineering student then there is good news for you. India would be requiring 40 lakh civil engineering professionals by 2020. It is a very challenging and tough course to take up. But if you get through nothing can be better than that, and you can make it big with right skills and specialization. Here in this article we have tried to analyze better career options for civil engineers. Here I enlist you various career scopes after pursuing civil engineering.
1. Engineering design- these design professionals are required to draft and model Civil Engineering Projects by using software tools like AutoCAD, 3DMax, STAAD Pro, ETABS & Revit Architecture etc. If you are well acquainted with these software tools you will be preferred by majority of the firms. To improve your employability you need to work on design techniques and have hand on software experience.
2. Construction Materials Engineering- construction industry is emerging rapidly and they need engineers with expertise in technologies and building materials. Students interested in material development and maintenance have a bend towards this field. Those who have knowledge in multiple construction material and new technologies and have the ability to adopt new technologies are preferred by such companies. Trending sectors include- cement, iron and steel, timber, and heat resistant materials.
3. Construction Engineering- It is being estimated that construction industry will grow to around INR 12 Billion by 2017 with a total contribution of about 8.2 per cent to Indian GDP. With amazing career opportunities and employment prospects, civil engineers are being demanded by such construction industries. You need to have a strong hold on the following- domain knowledge, CAD drawings and basic knowledge of trade work like masonry and machining. If you have knowledge of common structural rules and pre- fabrication it will be quite helpful and beneficial for you.
4. Surveying- For land surveying work you need to possess the passion for it, a relevant field experience with Total Station Equipment. You need to have a strong hold over mathematics. The surveying profession always has provided consistent employment chances for Indian graduates. Field experience can increase your chances of getting into the job.
5. Transportation Engineering- This could be the right career option for you if you are really interested to know how people and vehicles move smoothly and safely. In this field of work you will have to design transportation systems keeping in mind people/vehicle behavior. A report of NSDC shows that road and rail construction projects are expected to double their employment base by 2022. This is ought to happen because Indian transportation network is undergoing major up gradation, hence skilled transportation engineers will be in demand.
6. Construction Management- This is the highest paid Civil Engineering career. A work cannot be completed without construction project manager, hence they are the highest paid. You need to be equipped with software tools like Primavera and MS Project with basic project management skills and relevant field experience.
7. Building Information Modelling- BIM provides a 3D digital interface foe building design and is a very promising technology. It has received wide acceptance all across the world, USA has even made it compulsory. Revit Architecture is incorporated as a BIM tool in India. BIM is an excellent career option because it is expected to soon emerge and become an industry standard.
The above mentioned seven careers are by far the best choice for Civil Engineering students. Apart from these, there are many other interesting options like 3D printing in construction, architectural engineering, green buildings, timber engineering, construction robots/ drones and even research work. So it is up to you what you want to do as an engineer- go for the field that excites you and helps in developing your skills accordingly. Fly High!!!
For Civil Career in Drafting click here https://goo.gl/Skf2hw
For Civil Career in Animation Click here https://goo.gl/YQJSf2
For Civil Career in Revit https://goo.gl/37wWDt
Tirupati Naik, Director
PARAMETRIC SOLUTIONS Pvt Ltd
Advanced Industrial Technical Training Institute
Authorized HVAC / MEP / CAD / CAM / CNC Centre, THANE (W) 400602
Visit Us www.parametricsolution.com